Get Answers To The Essential Insurance Questions

Do I need to be physically in Hong Kong to buy Life Insurance?

Page Views: 437



Do I need to be in Hong Kong to buy Life Insurance? Can I buy it from overseas?


At present all life insurance products in Hong Kong offered by CCW require the buyer to physically be in the city at the time of purchase.

This means that when you sign the application form your will need to provide proof that you are legally allowed to be in Hong Kong, and have that proof witnessed by the broker or insurance company offering the insurance. Such proof can include your Hong Kong ID Card, Hong Kong Permanent Residency Status, a Hong Kong Employment Visa in your passport (valid at the time you purchased the life insurance policy), or an immigration entry certificate issued at Hong Kong immigration and customs.

Currently no Hong Kong life insurance products are available for purchase directly outside of Hong Kong SAR, including by Chinese residents or citizens located in China – all life insurance products must be purchased in Hong Kong and the final adjudication on whether the policy can be sold is entirely at the discretion of the insurance provider underwriting the plan.

Should you have any additional questions about Life Insurance products in Hong Kong, or if you would like to speak to an expert CCW Global Life insurance broker, please contact us today.

Answered on: 31 March, 2017 10:57

Follow-up Questions:

Did we miss something? Login and ask a follow-up question.